For the past 30+ years, showrooms, designers, and architects have relied on Eurofase Lighting as their go-to brand for providing a diverse selection of high-quality innovative lighting for both residential and commercial applications.
As a leading lighting company serving multiple channels via the specialty lighting showroom, electrical wholesaler, home improvement stores, e-commerce websites and the interior design/architectural community, Eurofase Lighting offers products that deliver aesthetic appeal, stellar performance, and long-lasting tested quality.
As the Costing Analyst, you will provide support to the Finance team, focusing primarily on collecting, compiling, and analyzing costing information with respect to the company’s operations. The Cost Analyst plays a critical role to ensure that all costing information in maintained in an accurate and timely manner. You will perform a variety of selected planning, estimating, scheduling, or cost control tasks to develop knowledge and skill in this specialized discipline. You will be accountable for the ongoing analysis of process constraints, target costing projects, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities.
1. (25%): Responsible for the management of all Daily & Monthly Activity.
– Prepare and analyze the monthly Costing Model.
– Ensure that all monthly, quarterly accounting activities are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
– Perform all aspects of cost accounting including the preparation, review and analysis of product inventory costing, standard costing, overhead allocation, variance analysis and related month end processes.
– Monitor production cost variances and related exception reporting to promptly identify key variances from standard costs. Identify root causes and review recommendations with operations management daily to eliminate key variances.
– Perform technical accounting tasks including the preparation of Eurofase’s, balance sheet reconciliations, periodic closing, monthly accruals, and inter-company balance reconciliation.
– Conduct intercompany balance reconciliation, monthly accruals, journal entry logs and audit binder.
– Participate in quarterly inventory reserve calculations
– Work with management to establish and maintain accurate reporting of product costs, margins, and similar management reports to improve operations
2. (25%): Inventory.
– Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close; review, analyze and report on inventory valuation, raw materials, WIP, direct and indirect labor, overhead costs and related variances.
– Assist in coordination of the annual physical inventories.
– Investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues.
– Update standard costs in the bill of materials.
– Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies.
3. (25%): Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) expertise on cost accounting modules.
– Expert knowledge working on ERP Cost Accounting system preferably Microsoft Dynamics Navision.
– Create cost accounting mapping in the ERP system.
– Extract and analyze Consumption, Labour, Manufacturing overheads from the ERP system.
– Create cost drivers and cost allocation to affiliated companies in the ERP system.
– Extract cost accounting data from ERP system and analyze it properly.
4. (15%) Prepares timely and comprehensive reports including analysis of financial data, statements, and audits covering monthly and quarterly business reviews.
– Assists in the preparation of annual budgets, lending technical and analytical expertise for the development of labor efficiencies, rates, overhead and raw materials
– Prepares necessary supporting documentation and justifications.
– All other responsibilities assigned by the CFO and the Controller.
5. (10%): Relationship Management:
– Build strong relationships with various departments to develop a strong understanding of business operations, which will assist in the monthly accounting activities and product costing.
– Primary point of contact for all inventory related accounting matters.
– Work closely to provide financial support to other departments.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
– Added advantage if completed a CPA, CMA, CA, CGA designation with 3 – 5 years of experience
– Knowledge of both financial reporting standards (IFRS) & managerial accounting practices
– Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Excel & Word)
– Expert knowledge of ERP Cost accounting systems (preferably Microsoft Navision)
– Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team coupled with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
– Strong communication and organizational skills
– Detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated and capable of handling multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment
– Strong analytical skills with the ability to work with large volumes of data and identify the most critical points
– Self-motivated individual who will drive process improvements where needed
– Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills
– Highly flexible with solid interpersonal skills to handle ambiguities and continuous improvement
Reference ID: CTEFIN021921
Contract length: 6 months
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- costing: 3 years (required)