Product Manager – Lighting Systems
Eurofase designs, sources, and distributes decorative & functional lighting products under one platform, supplying residential (single family/multi-family) and commercial markets with branded and private label lighting solutions.
We serve consumers, contractors, and designers through multiple channel partners.
Eurofase is committed to design leadership, uncompromising quality with a competitive advantage customer-centric philosophy.
This newly created position will lead the Product Management of Eurofase Lighting Systems (LS) known as Fase1. This individual will lead the product direction for the company through the development & execution of product plans based on market & channel requirements to achieve our long-term growth objectives. This position will be responsible in leading & managing the product life cycle (PLC) for all LS products (old & new). In addition, responsible for the profitability of the LS products to meet overall gross margin targets.
(35%) Product Plans:
- Responsible to examine and analyze product lines’ performance encompassing, but not limited to profitability, forecasting and inventory levels.
- Perform regular product-line reviews and identify and correct gaps to plan requirements.
- Product SKU management, including the discontinuation process.
- Collaborating regularly with Design & Engineering, Sales and Operations in the development process
- Defining Product Plans 1-3 years out to align with the company’s channel plans.
- Be an active participant and contributor in developing the commercial channel plans.
- Engage regularly with the Eurofase sales and marketing teams to deliver category & market share growth year-over-year.
(35%) New Products:
- Take ownership and lead the new product development process from ideation, product approval, vendor selection, pricing, to launch and commercialization.
- Managing new product timelines and launches
- Developing costing, pricing & gross margin recommendations for new product.
- Develop and deploy new product training for internal and external stakeholders, so they can market, sell, and service the product from day of launch.
- Maintain accurate product specification files, certification, government energy standards for use by Customers and Internal stakeholders.
(30%) Cross Departmental Functional:
- Work closely with the sales & marketing team members to refine the go-to-market business strategy by channel.
- Company-wide pricing strategy: quotations, channel pricing, etc.
- Work closely with VP Operations on the selection of China vendors for new products
- Key contributor to the S&OP process in areas of product forecast, targeted pricing along with engagement through the entire product Lifecyle of the product.
- Initiate partnership efforts with Sales Reps in areas of product training, national accounts & key customer interfacing.
- Act in an advisory capacity regarding product information to Engineering, Operations, Quality, Marketing, Customer Care, Technical support, and the Sales organization
Knowledge/skills & Experience Requirements:
- 5 – 10 years of successful experience in Product Management within the lighting, electrical or electronic industry
- Financial & Business acumen
- Project management skills with the ability to organize and manage project teams to support the development of business opportunities and execute business plans.
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree a preference
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong time management Skills
- PC skills required working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project Gantt programs.
- Experience with regulatory or standards organizations such as UL, ETL & CSA
- Working knowledge of manufacturing and operations processes is a plus.
- Must be able to travel 20% -40% (China, trade shows, customer & rep visits)
Reference ID: HRPD051421
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
All safety protocols are put in place and adhered to.
- Product Management: 5 years (required)
Willingness to travel:
- 50% (required)