For the past 30+ years, showrooms, designers, and architects have relied on Eurofase Lighting as their go-to brand for providing a diverse selection of high-quality innovative lighting for both residential and commercial applications.
As a leading lighting company serving multiple channels via the specialty lighting showroom, electrical wholesaler, home improvement stores, e-commerce websites and the interior design/architectural community, Eurofase Lighting offers products that deliver aesthetic appeal, stellar performance, and long-lasting tested quality.
Reporting to the Manager, Purchasing, the Purchasing Clerk will support the business and purchasing department activities by preparing purchase orders, coordinating with suppliers for on-time delivery, responding to customer and supplier inquiries about the order status, make changes, or cancellations, perform buying duties, contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries.
You will also participate in vendor relationship management by identifying cost-saving opportunities to support the company’s profitability goals such as tracking the status of requisitions, contracts, and orders, calculate costs of orders, and charge or forward invoices accordingly.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITES: (Total must add up to 100%)
- (50%) Purchase Orders & Reports
- Prepare margin sheets, purchase orders, payment requests, reports, and send purchase orders to suppliers in a timely manner.
- Run reports and update the status of orders on daily basis in MS Navision ERP and excel files.
- Calculate costs of orders, and charge or forward invoices to appropriate accounts.
- Review requisition orders to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
- Track the status of requisitions, contracts, and orders.
- Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Perform buying duties when necessary.
- (40%) Vendor Supply Management & Coordination
- Coordinate with suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries and other problems.
- Coordinate with suppliers on day to day basis and to make sure that shipments are sailed and delivered on time.
- Coordinate with freight forwarders and other departments for timely execution of purchase orders and shipments.
- (10%) Other
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports, and price lists.
- Speak with overseas vendors during evening hours over phone, if required.
- Open to different challenges to help your team with a variety of work.
|Reports to:||Purchasing Manager|
|Indirect Reports:||Purchasing Department|
|Other Working Relationships:||Cross Functional Partners (i.e. Product Development, Sales)|
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires 2 – 3 years of progressive leadership experience
- Require Bachelor’s degree in either Business, Mathematics or Science
- Must be highly motived and inspire others
- Gets things done within the formal and informal structure(s)
- Projects the highest levels of integrity
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to effectively use strong analytical capabilities and a fact-based approach to develop effective solution to business issues
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel)
- English Language: Fluency in written and spoken English Language
- Chinese Language: Fluency in spoken Mandarin/Cantonese preferred but not necessary
Physical Effort: Majority of the time is spent sitting working in fast paced environment.
Physical Environment: Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions are infrequent and/or very mild.
Sensory Attention: There is a frequent need to give close attention to various stimuli such as written materials with a computer monitor and information given verbally by co-workers and/or vendors.
Mental Stress: Must continuously deal with deadlines, frequent interruptions, and last-minute requests.